Not a man or a goth

Saturday, August 11, 2007

FO: Capone




Pattern: Capone from Rowan 38
Yarn: Twilleys Freedom Spirit in #502 Fire, 1.5 balls.
Mods: Didn't sew ribbon around the brim.

This was really easy and fun. At first it seemed ridiculously huge (I could pull it all the way over my head), and I doubted it would felt enough.

The Twilleys felted like a dream. Much much better than Noro. I did it at 3 a.m. in the bathroom sink, with medium-hot water and a bit of soap. It took about half an hour until I was completely happy with the shrinking. It's a bit redder in real life, but the photos show the subtle striping fairly well.

I didn't join the edges evenly, but the felting obliterated the dodginess. Muahaha. I didn't weave any ends in either, and they turned into short hard nubs that got snipped off without any problems.

I'm not sure that the style of this hat suits me. In fact, I don't think I'm a hat person at all. I knew this before I started, but I really wanted a quick project to play with. I think I'll keep it on the dog until I decide what to do with it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • That looks like a fun project! It turned out wonderful. I think it looks better without a ribbon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 pm, August 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home