Not a man or a goth

Friday, July 29, 2005

More about Phantom of the Opera the Musical the Movie

Musicals are better than real life. For example, when the full company gets going and everyone sings a different bit, you get a nice polyphonic contrapuntal texture.

In real life, this translates to people yelling as loud as they can, seemingly unable to hear each other.

I think the reason I didn't like Phantom of the Opera the Musical the Movie that much was because I know Phantom of the Opera the Novel and Phantom of the Opera the Musical too well. It's like how I didn't really like The Lion King the Musical.

Knowing exactly what people (or lions, as it may be) are going to say next really saps the fun out of it.

Knitting today: halfway through the 2nd of my oreo socks. Left front and sleeve of Kathy done.

Aaand... found this in my email inbox today!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home