Not a man or a goth

Thursday, August 30, 2007

So, all I got for my birthday was cash. Over the past week I converted it into actual goods in an orgy of materialism.


Merino cashmere sock yarn from The Knittery in Orange Blossoms.



The same yarn in Indigo on its way to being a spiral boot sock.



Hand dyed merino roving from Ewe Give Me The Knits in Neptune's Nemesis. I've already spun up a quarter of this. It's so easy to handle, and the colours have kept me entertained for hours. Literally hours.


And o-m-g, we have hand dyed Optim in Babycakes (also from EGMTK)! It's so shiny and soft. I'm afraid of messing it up. I think I'll wait until I get my new spindle, then aim for some laceweight.

Yeah, as part of my spree I ordered a spindle from the Spindlemaker. They're made to order, so it should take a while to arrive. John and Juleen helped me choose a spindle since I have nfi.

I also bought some Angels on Bare Skin from Lush. Slightly noticeable improvement so far. I'll see how it is in a few weeks.

At the end of last month, I ordered some dyed-to-order sock yarn with the intention that it'd arrive around my birthday. It was posted a couple of weeks ago, but no sign of it yet. I'm convinced it's gone missing, since it should NOT take 18+ days for something to travel 15 kms.

I think that's all, unless there's something I've bought but forgotten about.

Edit: Also got membership for the Zen String sock club, and some sock needles. I don't know how I forgot those.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home