Not a man or a goth

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Whine

It's time to accept that the custom-dyed sock yarn I ordered is never coming. It was supposedly sent a month ago, and according to the post office it should have taken a day (max two) to arrive. I've been really cool about it up 'til now, but now I'm so pissed off.

I accept that things go missing in the post. The part that gets me is the lack of reply from the seller. I've asked them (nicely) for confirmation that the parcel was really sent and that the notice I received wasn't an error (I received the email on Sunday night, which was a bit weird, considering the PO is closed on weekends). No reply.

I emailed them AGAIN, giving alternative addresses to reply to, in case their replies were being eaten by spam filter. No reply.

I asked them to file a missing parcel complaint for me. I'd do it myself, but the sender has to do it. No reply.

I left a comment on their blog asking them (again, nicely) to get in touch with me. No reply.

There are no real-life contact details on their yarn website. I did find a link to the web design business they have, but no details there either. I don't think there's anything else I can do, so it looks like it's time to give up :/

I've ordered from them once before, when I needed the yarn for a deadline. At that time, I sent them an email asking if I could get the yarn before the date. I also asked if it was possible to make one of the colours slightly darker. She said the yarn would definitely be ready by the time I needed it, but ignored my question about the colours. The yarn arrived a week later than expected. She was nice about it though, and refunded me the postage cost.

Speaking of postage costs. Why the fuck does she charge $6.10 for regular shipping when she lives about FIFTEEEN minutes away from me? That's $5.10 for a prepaid post satchel, and $1 for what? Her time? When I order things from Victorian sellers, they charge the actual postage cost and it's $3.85 (I think) for up to 250g. Using the prepaid satchels is just dumb. (I thought it was uneconomical before I was pissed off at her, too)

Luckily, I didn't spend too much this time. It was only about $30+, I think. I'm VERY annoyed at this unreliable person. The lady at the post office said that if there were any problems, the parcel would have been returned to the sender. All I want is some acknowledgment. (And my yarn.)

I'm glad there are so many other places to shop.
(Btw, I just did my tax return online, and I'm getting everything back :D Have you done yours?)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • thats so annoying about your yarn - especially when she live close! Can you publicly blacklist her?

    I haven't done my tax return yet - precisely because I'm not getting everything back. I keep hoping I'll think of some more deductions to bring me back under the tax free threshold- but no inspiration yet, so I'll keep procrastinating!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:04 pm, September 08, 2007  

  • hi Julia! I'd love to name this woman publicly, but I'd feel too bad about it. (Grrr me)

    I'm tax-free this year, because I worked very very little. I was initially taxed about $200, but that got negated by the low income rebate. Woooo.

    By Blogger quaffy, at 12:13 am, September 10, 2007  

  • Thanks for commenting on my blog about she who must not me named. A few others have made the same comments on Ravelry.com. Maybe it is time to warn buyers about her on Ravelry. Money is hard to come by, handpainted yarn is not. I love you blog. Your Panda sweater was worth every penny it's fabulous.

    Bev
    aka paletpc

    By Blogger Bev Love, at 5:15 am, September 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home