Not a man or a goth

Sunday, September 18, 2005

[knitting talk]
Finished my sock yarn cardigan and am thinking of submitting it for the Winter Knitty, if only I can figure out the sizing in time:

Problems:
#1: The finished bust measurement is weird. It's 33.75". That's going to look so ugly on the schematic.

#2: I presume people who aren't me have actual shape to their bodies. So do I put in waist shaping or not?

#3: I can't get my head around the idea of a 52" bust, so I'll be madly guessing at proportions.

#4: My gauge is 27.5 sts/4 inches, which is really really bad for trying to work things out. I might just up it to 28 sts and tinker a bit with the numbers.

#5: I started from XXS (me), and am doing sizes in increments of 2" up to XXXXXL (48"). That's 9 more sets of numbers to work out by the end of the week.

#6: I don't want people who are XXXXXL to feel bad because of all the Xs. But I'm not going to call myself XXXS either. If I have time, I'll think of some cool euphemisms.

[/knitting talk]

The Sarah Blasko concert on Friday was good! But why does she always come out late? When she's late, then I have to leave before the end so that I'm not walking through scary Redfern at midnight.

Soph and I ate at the Peasant's Feast (or was the the Pheasant's Feast?). Everything there was organic. It was decent, but not the flavour explosion their business card promises

[Note to self: go to Oscillate Wildly]

I love the Suits (partly because I got a FREE! badge)! If anyone wants to borrow the CD I bought, you may!

OH. And Cityrail's new timetable is CRAP. As IF trains can be 15 mins late when it's midnight and they only come every half an hour anyway.

It's confirmed that we're going to M'sia again at the end of the year. We were going to skip a year, but my grandmother's throat cancer is getting really bad. So we're going back just in case...
And I really thought we were definitely going to take a side trip to China this time (after we didn't go last year), but my aunt Sally said: "I've already been to China, so if you go I won't go with you. Let's go to Egypt instead."

At first I asked Mum "Aren't you afraid of getting shot?" but after watching the news that night and learning about people being robbed at knifepoint at Mortdale, I realised that we can be shot ANYWHERE. So we're _probably_ going to Egypt. It's supposed to be the perfect temperature around that time of year, around 20-25 C. I'm getting pumped about it now. (I think it'll be like a cross between Bali and Cambodia, but we'll see!)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home