Not a man or a goth

Friday, November 18, 2005

No more thinking until March 2006!

(OY! I've noticed no one's asked for a FSM hat except for Sophia. What, not stylish enough for you? :P )

So it looks like it's going to be knitting and soaps for the next three and a half months, with the occasional hearty partae thrown in. Uni is o-ver, and the relief is the biggest rush I've felt for a long time.

I did two exams today (Thursday). O harrowing day!
I'm not entirely sure that I've passed QMB. I got to the exam late, but that didn't matter because I had plenty of time (I even left early).
"Can't answer that... don't know that... don't understand the question... Well, I've done all I can do. Time to leave!"

It got me thinking - I've never failed anything before. I didn't even fail DT in year 7, and THAT was the year I cut a hole in my bag with the overlocker, tried to tie-dye with rusty ball bearings, and undercooked my final cookies. I didn't even fail PDHPE, when I left labour out of the "child-birthing" cycle and took nearly 14 minutes to "run" 1.6 km. I even did WELL in science, when I thought the atmosphere was made out of mostly methane. I didn't even fail history, when I didn't know who Vladimir "do you mean John Lennon" Lenin was.

(Time to stop exposing my ignorance? Okay.)

Philosophy was MUCH better. Edmond helped me to cram, so from now on I'll be nicer to him. Provided he's nicer to me 'course.

Y'know, it sorta pisses me off when people think that studying philosophy makes you a better person. Like "hey, you should care more about mankind because you study philosophy." That's philANTHROPY, not philoSOPHY!

5 Comments:

  • Lulugrrl!

    I want an FSM hat!!!

    Really!
    If you were serious about making one, I'll supply you the yarn $$ (paypal or sumthing)- just let me know!

    Seriously, I will wear it while snowboarding and equally insane moments!

    Email me!


    Love ya!

    Roxy

    By Blogger roxy =^o^=, at 9:55 am, November 19, 2005  

  • reading your blog always put me in a good mood =P

    so what is philosophy about? do u really understand how the world works? or do u learn about the past and try to see how it relates to the present ?

    see you soon! =)

    love leana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:02 pm, November 19, 2005  

  • *gets busy with the FSM hats and grins*

    Lna philosophy is about asking questions that no one can answer, like "how do you know that other people have minds?" and "is having a justified true belief enough to say that you have knowledge?" Then you talk round and round in circles and by the end you know less than you did when you started.

    Understanding how the world works is Science, and learning about the past and seeing how it relates to the present is History ;)

    The rule of thumb is: if you can find out the answer, like through observation and evidence, your question wasn't philosophical in the first place.

    By Blogger quaffy, at 9:27 am, November 21, 2005  

  • Lol, was the run only 1.6km? Always seemed much longer to me.

    I thought the same thing about Lenin aswell until yr 11 and even then I had to keep reminding myself it wasn't John Lennon! *shamefaced* does that make me a bad person since I chose Modern?

    Good luck with the results...although it might be a bit late for the luck to kick in huh? Just remember the magic word: SCALING

    By Blogger Kylie, at 10:38 am, November 22, 2005  

  • Glad you are able to relax for awhile!

    Take care girrly!

    The Cheesy Knit Wit / aka dkswife

    By Blogger Dk's Wife, at 8:42 am, November 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home