Not a man or a goth

Friday, April 21, 2006

Lay some of that heterolingus on me, show me what I've been missing

Gigli (rhymes with really) is so dodgy! The script makes me want to punch someone in the face.

Donna describes Bad Movie Day so well that I don't have anything left to say. Oh, except that the cheesecake from Michel's Patisserie is awesome. There was still some left when I got home tonight, and I had two slices. Someone put it in the fridge while I was gone, even though it CLEARLY says "best served at room temperature." This is what happens when I'm gone :/ That, and people putting nail polish in the fridge.

Went to Kangaroo Valley/Jamberoo for 3 days with the Chinese Society, and it was really great! I'm a bit grumpy right now though, because of lack of sleep and hatred for canoes. After BMD I had about 4 hours of sleep. Weds night -- 2 hours. Last night -- ??? (about 6 or so).

This morning we went for what I thought would be a paddle down the river. I mean, I liked canoes. I liked rowing. Now it's been ruined forever.

1. We had to paddle for 5.5 kms (3.4375 miles)
2. UPSTREAM
3. Against the wind
4. There were rapids, and the water was too shallow for the canoes to go over. People had to get out and push/pull the canoe over the rocks.
5. The water was really cold.
6. There were painful rocks everywhere.

I felt really guilty, because I got tired and was ineffective at the canoe manipulation. So my partner (Eric) did most (all?) of the paddling and canoe push/pulling. I grew bitter about the whole experience, because towards the end we were paddling but being pushed downstream by the wind. I felt like Sisyphus :(

Jamberoo was fun. Despite being the school holidays, it was empty-ish. So there were hardly any lines, and no band-aids or "other objects" (I really wish you guys hadn't told me about that) floating around. I nearly drowned several times, but in the end wasn't any worse for wear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home