Not a man or a goth

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dinner at Rowda ya Habibi

I've got feedback from half the people about the KK(K) dinner, and generally the results are:

  • A month was plenty of time to prepare.
  • $50 was an appropriate amount to spend.
  • It's better hosted after Christmas, though really it depends on when everyone's in the country.
  • The questionnaire was somewhat helpful in deciding what to buy. Future questions could include "Who is your style icon?" and "Clothing size?
  • The Yankee Swap idea is tres unpopulaire (Franglais is so pretentious, non?)
  • Spa and I did a good job, yay us.

    The food wasn't really my taste. I thought it was a little weird, and a little dry. The people however, were fantastic -- very homey and motherly. On the upside, the Deluxe Banquet had exactly the right amount of food for us -- no repeat of what happened at the Indian place (where we were full after the entree).

    When I told Mum about the belly dancer, she asked, "Did anyone give her tips?"
    "Tips?" asked I.
    "Did anyone stick notes in her cleavage?"
    I was horrified. Belly dancers are not strippers (unlike pole dancers...?)
    Belly dancing obviously keeps you(r body) young, and I think it'd be a better workout than pole dancing.

    After dinner, the Kylie car people went down the street for gelato at Gelatomassi (suddenly I felt I could fit in a scoop, despite being stuffed). I had a scoop of cinnamon, which had a distinct but not overpowering flavour. Alas, they did not have any of their famous "savoury" gelati. Being too lazy to google, I can only presume that these include fabulous flavours like capsicum, salmon, asparagus, and cheese. Must make an effort to go on the appropriate day.

    Gelato cakes are very reasonably priced, starting at $34.95.

    When I got home, William said to me, "Starship Troopers is the worst movie ever. I'll laugh at you if you like it."
    But I did like it. I thought it was a comment on America's post September 11 mentality. Plus things blew up.

    Edit: Sophia says, "But it was made in 1997."
    Oh well. It's some nice anti-war satire anyway.

    I think this is the correct order of gifting, but feel free to mock me if I'm wrong.
    Julia -> Leana -> Sophia -> Donna -> Johanna -> Rena -> Kylie -> Juliana -> Me -> Ying -> Julia

    I want to see what Johanna got! Someone take pictures for me.

  • 2 Comments:

    • I laughed SO much at your mum's comment. Imagine if you said back "yeah we got a few $5 notes in there .."

      By Blogger Donna, at 10:26 pm, January 17, 2006  

    • =P
      rena-julia-leana-sophia-donna-johanna-rena

      kylie-julianna-laura-ying-kylie..

      lol.. ugh.. the correct ordering is hard to place into one continuous line

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:33 pm, January 17, 2006  

    Post a Comment

    << Home