Not a man or a goth

Monday, December 12, 2005

(A complete failure; caught red-handed)

And now a word from our sponsors.

Yes! It’s what you’ve been waiting for – another hilarious disaster proudly brought to you by Laura. (I’m excited!!!)

So I’ve been thinking a while about dyeing my hair. Nothing serious, because I don’t want to damage it for when I donate to Locks of Love. Now, these days I don’t take to leaving the house very much and we don’t have any fun hair dye at home, so I thought I’d try using Kool Aid.

Brief internet research revealed to me that I should mix two packets of Kool Aid with a good dollop of conditioner, smear the mixture into my hair, wait a few hours and rinse out.

The plan was to use blue, so I opened the blue packet. Turns out that the stuff in the blue packet is actually red. (I think that Tropical Punch sounds yellow, anyway.) I tried finding something blue to add, so I’d get purple. Turns out that “Ice Blue (Raspberry crush)” is actually white and has no effect at all. Go figure.

I left it in for three hours, because supposedly the longer the better. Then when I rinsed it out, a disturbingly significant amount of dye came out. It took about 10 minutes of rinsing before the water ran clear. My hair had absorbed none of the dye. The only trace left is a slightly fruity smell which I think is partly the conditioner.

quaffy.o (A complete failure; caught red-handed) says:
my hair tastes like citric acid

Sophia says:
why taste it at all?

quaffy.o (A complete failure; caught red-handed) says:
because it smells fruity

But wait – there’s more.
I didn’t manage to dye my hair, but my scalp is now a lovely shade of red. And since I neglected to wear gloves, so are my hands.

The worst part is, my parents noticed the few drops of pinkish water in the sink, but they didn’t notice my bright red hands. What's up with that?

Yes, it would be very embarrassing if my hands were still red on Friday.

2 Comments:

  • hey laura..what's happening on friday?

    and what is kool-aid?

    have your parents noticed yet? how red are your hands? have u tried scrubbing them with alcohol? i remember in yr 7, in art with ms ruck and it was on my birthday, the bottom half of me got splashed in turpentine.. and ms ruck suggested methanol from the chemist.. =p

    see you soon?
    leana

    btw.. i m sorry ..even though i m boss.. i 've been working so much that i haven't given much thought to NYE eve.. will think about it tonight =/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 pm, December 13, 2005  

  • AHHH!!! That proves it! Bad things always happen on birthdays, like when Donna gets sick, or people get their wallets stolen at the Korean restaurant!

    Friday is Speech Day :P

    Kool-Aid is a North American cordial. You can use the unsweetened mixture to dye animal fibres, and as it turns out, human skin. It seemed to work fine for other people. I think my hair is just indestructible :(

    My parents haven't noticed yet, and it's fading rapidly. My hands are normal coloured but my fingernails are gross to the extreme. It looks like I tried to claw my way out of a grave. I went out with Li yesterday and he informs me my scalp is still red. So next time I do something stupid to my scalp, I won't go out with people who are like, 6'2".

    I'm now emailing you about NYE...

    By Blogger quaffy, at 11:59 am, December 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home