Not a man or a goth

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Another catch-up post, this one in forwards-chronological order.

Friday (the one last week): Went to dinner with beloved "the gang." It was good because I've been pale and weepy and weak all semester and now I feel more like myself. Got my birthday present too (thanks guys :D). Now would be a good time to insert pictures of said present. Will do when less lazy.

The restaurant -- Ky and Dna took all the main bits to blog about, so all I'll say is that the food was good, sitting on the floor was good, and it was noisy. I really don't know what the May 13th review was on about. It would've been better if the tables weren't so long and narrow, cos then I could've talked to more people, but otherwise no complaints.

Saturday (not today): Went to the Powerhouse Museum. Had world's worst PMS but managed not to leave a trail of corpses behind me. They had an ELIZA (one of those stupid programs that simulates a conversation with you), and Li typed some computer-speak at it and broke it. I wanted him to break more things, but all the other computers we saw were Macs. I always wondered what it'd be like to stay overnight at the mooseum, but they kicked us out at 5.

Sunday - Wednesday: Played the Discworld MUD for average 6 hours a day. Okay, I admit that a game with all words and no pictures doesn't sound like fun, but it's a hecka lot better than FFX. FFX requires no thought or skill and I think it should be tagged "interactive movie" rather than "game." Not that mudding is genius work, but at least you get to choose which direction to walk in.

Thursday: Li woke me up at 9 ay em in the morning to go see a movie. Saw Wolf Creek and it was traumatic! People(this means you Spa) who think it's funny are depraved. I'm still up for going on a road trip, if anyone wants to go up/down the coast with me. I think we'll be okay as long as we stick to major roads and highways and stay in areas with decent phone reception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home