Not a man or a goth

Friday, January 06, 2006

Some questions (answers welcome)

1. Why do men insist they like women who are shorter than them, don't have eating disorders and don't wear a lot of makeup... but still lust after models?

2. What's up with those furniture ads with the women lying on the tables? Are they supposed to make the furniture sexier (cringe) somehow? Or is that the recommended method of use?

3. How many packets of two minute noodles do you have to eat before you get a ball of wax in your stomach?

4. Why do little girls think that dolls that cry and poop (just like real babies!) are fun?

5. Who invented those ads where words flash on the screen too quickly for you to read, and a man yells something unintelligable? REALLY, who thought those were a good idea?

6. Why does L'Oreal have a BLACK semi-permanent dye specially formulated for black hair? Why would you want to dye your hair the colour it already is? It can't be to touch up roots, because it washes out in about six washes.

7. Why are shows like Scrubs, Arrested Development and Buffy reruns on at insane times? (Btw, has anyone seen that box set of the whoooole series of Buffy, and if so, how much does it cost?)

8. Why are Zen Micros so shoddy?

Edit: In case you were wondering, I've cheered up considerably and have had a good time writing, mudding and watching Elvis movies.

3 Comments:

  • 1. I think they lust after them because they're hot, but it doesn't matter that the models are taller than them, have eating disorders and wear lots of makeup cos the guys don't actually have any hope of getting with said models.

    2. pass

    3. pass

    4. pass

    5. I would like to know the answer to this also. If anything those ads DISCOURAGE me from going to the advertised sales because i think the place will be full of angry screaming men, and crowded hurriedness that i hate.

    6. pass

    7. because free to air networks in australia, especially channel nine, are crap.

    8. They have a weak soldering point.

    Hope this helps!

    Oscillate Wildly!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:02 pm, January 06, 2006  

  • 1. they have a big chest

    2. LOL.. i 've been wondering about that too...and the model on that tv ad looks so uncomfortable

    3. the length of time from being a little kid to about 40.. so 30+ years

    4. i don't know but i love the dolls and the stuffed toys that make the sound of a little kid giggling =P it makes me giggle so much

    5. pass .. i hate that ps2 ad.. and the kids are so damm annoying

    6. i think it's to make your hair appear more shiny

    7. pass

    8. pass.. what's wrong with your zen micro?

    how many words are u up to with your novel? i m not a big fan of elvis movies =/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 pm, January 06, 2006  

  • Ah, good point on #1, Spa. That makes sense.

    My Zen micro broke. The sound cut out when I put the headphones in. So I took it to Harvey Norman and it took Creative a whole month to send me a new one *eyeroll*. I'd scratched my old one up pretty badly, so I guess it all works out for me anyway :P

    I haven't been able to do anything on my novel because William's always on the computer and when I DO come on it's only for like an hour :( Or I'm mudding. Yeah, that too :P

    Some Elvis movies are really terrible. I thought "Kissing Cousins" was going to be about incest, but luckily it wasn't. I feel bad for Elvis, because he wanted to be a Real Actor, but because of his contract he had to produce four crap movies a year, every year. Apparently there's one in which he sings "Old Macdonald", but I haven't seen that one yet.

    By Blogger quaffy, at 11:47 am, January 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home