Not a man or a goth

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

"Why haven't you updated your blog?"

The answer is simple. Because I haven't been doing anything worth writing about.


    I tried to start my own NaNoWriMo, but the only person who said they wanted to join was Li. I'm 2 000 words in. Only 48 000 to go!

    Went to Speech Day, and I still hate Ms Snott. "Before we begin I'd like to acknowledge the original owners of this land." Bleh. I know there's nothing inherently wrong with that -- it's just that she seems to act out of misguided political correctness. She's so pretentious.

    Played 14 hours of Dragon Quest 8 in the last two days. It is ultimate. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't played a DQ before this.
    The main reason I love it is that it's old school. I haven't played a proper old school RPG for ages. You have to admit that the Final Fantasies are getting weird. So far, no one's turned out to be a dream, no one's a clone, no one's named Cid, and Shiva and Ifrit haven't caused anyone to lose their memories. DQ actually has a princess and a couple of kings in it, and actual castles!
    The character and monster design is by Akira Toriyama. The voice acting is good too, even for female characters -- unlike Yuna and Riku in FFX, who made me physically ill (I was that enraged). Another big plus: everyone speaks with hilarious British accents and the spelling is all British. Hurrah!

    Read many, many books. Many of them were crap.

    Went to see the Christmas lights at Maple Street, since the dude who owns the house is moving and the new owners might not want to do the lights next year. Though really, why would you buy the house if you weren't going to put on the lights? Ten year olds were singing and screaming loudly at 11 pee em as they walked back to their cars. And people wonder why the neighbours get annoyed :O

    Mudded a lot, except for when stupid William was playing stupid MapleStory. Then I played some Zelda and some DQ8 and some Dynasty Warriors 5.
    In fact, I'm mudding now -- hence the lack of clarity in my writing. Come join me.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home