Not a man or a goth

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Very bad awful day

Woke up late.

Studied. Discovered a whole topic I didn't know we'd covered. Panic.

Caught train. Got to Green Square, realised I didn't have my calculator.

Called Li. He had a calculator, but was at Hville. He bumped into Johanna while I was talking to him, and I spoke to Joh for 20 seconds. Then I ran out of credit.

Desperate. Bought calculator at newsagency at Central. Couldn't go to Li's mum's shop because she thinks we are dating.

Caught bus to racecourse. Realised calculator couldn't do permutations or combinations. Accosted stranger. Took their calculator.

Exam reasonable. Finished early.

Tried to call parents on train but had no credit. Sadness. Used scary payphone at the station. Standard call is now 50c, not 40c. Chagrin.

8 Comments:

  • bring back the old design!
    rar rar rar
    :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:59 pm, April 30, 2006  

  • No, I like the new one now.
    What do you think's wrong with it?

    By Blogger quaffy, at 9:34 pm, April 30, 2006  

  • how did u end up getting home?
    far out-- what a crappy crappy day.... yay the exam was easy!

    see you on thursday at yoga =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 pm, May 01, 2006  

  • Completely off topic, but have you been knitting lately?

    By Blogger Dk's Wife, at 5:01 am, May 02, 2006  

  • Yes, I started up again recently. I didn't do any for a while because it was hot, but it's starting to get really chilly now.

    I finished off a few WIPs too. Haven't put them up yet -- maybe I should do a big knitting post.

    Hope you are well, and that you keep up the knitting in the warmer weather (unlike me, I always slack off :P )

    By Blogger quaffy, at 9:38 pm, May 02, 2006  

  • I have to agree with Soph, I liked the old design better.

    What a terrible day, there seems to be a fair share of those going around lately.

    By Blogger Kylie, at 9:34 pm, May 04, 2006  

  • Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to give the calculator back to the stranger? Did you promise to meet them at a certain place and time? Or were they new age and techy and told you to just ring them once you're done?

    ...

    ...

    You don't STILL have it do you?

    By Blogger Kylie, at 9:37 pm, May 04, 2006  

  • I got the girl's number and rang her on Monday. Easy.

    By Blogger quaffy, at 4:39 pm, May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home