Not a man or a goth

Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm starting to think I'm a bit spoilt. Where to begin?

I went to Chris' place on Tuesday because he was sick, and walked away with:


my belated birthday present. You all know what an iPod looks like, so there it is in the sock I whipped up last night. It's an 80 gig classic, and soooo cool. The screen seems much bigger than it really is, especially if you hold it close to your face.

My Zen goes to William, IF someone can fix it for me. I dropped it just before I went to England. It makes a ChChChChk noise when you turn it on, and then nothing happens. I had to go throughout the whole England trip listening to that Umbrella song on the radio FIVE OR SIX TIMES A DAY FOR A MONTH because of breaking my Zen :'(



digital scales! I've been lusting over something like this for ages. It has auto-tare :) I tried to spin up some lace weight on my 1.6 oz spindle, but only managed to get a 2 ply fingering. I spun for hours and hours and look, it's only 9 grams worth! That's merino roving from EGMTK in Belle's Story. There's also some white Angelina chucked in as an experiment. It is very princessy. (What would YOU do with pink sparkle yarn? Say, about 400 yards/metres fingering weight?)



yarn! 8 ply Rustic from Bendigo Woolen Mills in Natural Fleck. This was also at Chris' house. I got it delivered there so I wouldn't start knitting with it straight away. Ha. It's becoming the first sleeve for the Tangled Yoke Cardigan. It's not baby soft, and feels a bit "woolly". I'm not sensitive to woolly knits, so it'll suit me just fine. I like how the huge balls (*snicker*) mean less joining. Plus it was cheap.

Okay, that's it for Chris' house. This is what turned up at my place this week:



Optim from EGMTK in er... I've forgotten the name actually. Something about fruits, I think. If you can't tell, I like this store a lot. The service is fast, and really lovely.



my lace spindle! It's 30 grams-ish, and I can spin to TWICE the wpi than on my old one. It came from the Spindlemaker on etsy, and it is really very beautiful.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • hello
    gosh you really are the knitting queen.. i m still amazed at the patience you have with knitting
    remember indonesian class with the substitue and you tried so hard to teach me how to knit? everytime i read your blog and look at the beautiful pictures .. i think.. maybe it would be nice to try and learn again.. =)
    trying to catch some sleep now.. my lower back is so sore! not sure why...
    Leana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:40 am, September 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home