Not a man or a goth

Sunday, September 23, 2007

I've had an unhealthy obsession with Foggy Panda ever since Rowan 37 came out back in '05. At first I thought it looked like a weird cow, then I saw it was really a panda devouring a small child.



Why didn't I do it before, if I love it so much? I was held back by my cheapness. The cheapest Rowan 37 I could get was about $40 after postage. Then I got one in England for 10 pounds (with a good exchange rate too). Then I wasn't willing to pony up the dough for the yarn. Man, colour work is expensive.

Eventually I just thought "hell with it", and here we are now:



I thought I'd start with the back so I could guesstimate if I had enough yarn. I'm using Grignasco Tango, which has more yardage than Rowan Wool Cotton, so I bought one less ball of the purple. It should be okay, fingers crossed.

I started counting all the ends I have to weave in, but got bored at 30. So there are 30+ ends left. I like weaving in ends, but don't really feel like it right now. Maybe on the train or something.

I've finished the first sleeve on the Tangled Yoke Cardi, and I'm this far up the body.



It makes pretty good train knitting. I put some text instructions into my ipod because I didn't want my magazine to get battered in my bag. When I get to the yoke bit, it'll be too heavy to carry around and I think I'll leave it at home.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Just poppin' over to answer your question on my blog. I did find the hat a bit long, and a bit too roomy. I have a very small head too, but the Synchopated hat was my first big colorwork project and I thought I'd end up pulling too tight, and my hat would be too small if I made the child size. Turns out, I should have made the child size.

    By Blogger costumechick, at 12:09 am, October 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home