Not a man or a goth

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wanna see some pitchers?

W00t! This morning I got another package from the mysterious Canadian.

This comes from the Silk Tree in BC. The purple is supposedly from two different dye lots, but I can't tell. The yarn is even sexier in person. It's shiny and silky soft and I'm intimidated by how attractive it is. Go on, lick the monitor. That's what I'd be doing if I didn't actually have a freshly wound ball in my hand, but I do. *Thumbs nose at you and strokes yarn*

The yarn immediately said to me "lace shawl" so that's what I've been doing instead of studying. I'm taking the stole pattern from the Australian Creative Knitting 2004 annual, but continuing the increases to make a triangular shawl. Then I'll probably use the silver to do some sort of edging (undecided as to which). Then I might crochet a bit of purple all the way around to balance it out. The green thing is my A4 philosophy booklet, to give you an idea of what I've done so far.
Note: I can post pics of the WIP because I'm so darn pleased with it that I'm sure I won't frog anything.

Why is this photo so dark? *curses camera* The very dark thing is the card from my Ess Pee, the thing that says Notebook is a basket of apples, and in the fore is a pack of extremely funky tissues. Mum says they are "too good to use." I will definitely not be blowing my nose on them. If anyone has a nice, un-gross suggestion for what else to do with tissues, please give it to me.


More Burt's Bees! The body lotion, as well as smelling fantastic, comes in a bottle that's the perfect size and shape for using as a nostepinne. I used it to wind the silk. *grins* I tried out the soap in the shower and came out all citrussy. Have yet to use the hand salve. (Is that Burt? He looks a bit sinister. Don't trust men with beards.)



A tiger striped measuring tape! William broke my crappy old Lincraft one last week. I forbade him to touch this one. I don't have words for how cool this is.
What are those festive objects, I hear you ask? Are they edible? Yes, but I wouldn't advise it. Those are the funniest soaps I've ever seen. I couldn't stop laughing at them. Mum said that these are also "too good to use." But I will use them, because I want to see if what's trapped inside is more soap, or plastic shapes.

Thanks Ess Pee! You're ultimate!

4 Comments:

  • Neat stuff! Lucky you!

    And the shawl looks fantastic with your sexy yarn ;) Can't wait to see it when it's all finished!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:17 pm, October 19, 2005  

  • Once again I'm impressed by the post. 4-5 business days, and just regular airmail. Hooray!
    At this rate, your Halloween treat just might make it to you by the 31st... that is, if I get it sent tomorrow like I plan.

    I'm so glad you like everything. I don't know what you should do with the tissues either. I've been given a few packets myself and they've never been opened. Maybe the next time you have a missing friend at dinner?

    And I'm pretty sure the frog and turtle are just made of soap, but they were way too cute not to send to you.

    I'm happy to see that the yarn is already being put to good use... but I fear I've distracted you from your schoolwork. The shawl is looking lovely though, so I suppose it's worth it.

    (Seeing a post this enthusiastic is quite possibly better than getting stuff! You've made my day.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 pm, October 19, 2005  

  • Lovely job, BBQ!

    By Blogger D, at 1:19 pm, October 19, 2005  

  • Hey! i love the soaps too..

    i have an unopened tin of burt's beeswax lip balm if u want it.. at the rate i m going, it's going to be ages! before i finish my opened one.. =P

    love leana

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 pm, October 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home